Rise Above: Exploring the Many Faces of Breast Cancer on Cape Cod
Time & Location
About the Event
"Rise Above", a new photo exhibition by Julia Cumes, will be revealed at an opening reception, Tuesday, August 7th, 2018 at the Cultural Center of Cape Cod during an evening of art, inspiration and education. All proceeds benefit Cape Wellness Collaborative.
The evening will include:
- Guest speakers Dr. Richard Clapp, Dr. Kate Dalton and Sarah Brassard
- A performance of the inspirational song Rise Above, written and performed by Sarah Burrill
- Music by pianist Malcolm Granger
- Refreshments by OM Organic Market, The West End and Devil’s Purse Brewing Co.
"My hope is that this portrait series will work to create awareness and stimulate dialog about breast cancer and its impact on women’s lives in our Cape Cod community and, lastly, inspire people visually and emotionally." – Julia Cumes
- If you cannot make the opening reception, Julia's portraits willl remain on display from August 8-26, 2018.
- Admit one: Rise Above$75$750$0